Invisalign | Alignment Without Braces
Invisible Braces Technology From Your Oak Lawn Dental Team
Luckily for you, Dr. Mike and his Oak Lawn based dental team have a solution!
Invisalign trays are clear aligners which fit over your teeth and are virtually invisible to the naked eye. With these aligners, you can continue to live your daily life without any discomfort, and without the embarrassment of having a “metal mouth”.
Invisalign – an Inside the Smile Specialty
Invisalign is among the latest advances in dental techniques to straighten teeth for both teens and adults. Not only do we provide our patients with the option for clear aligners, we are a preferred provider for installing them.
Braces are permanent, in that they cannot be removed without a dentist. Invisalign, on the other hand, only need to be worn for 22 hours per day. You can remove them when eating, flossing or brushing your teeth. Pretty neat huh.
- You don’t have to deal with the unsightly appearance and uncomfortable feeling of traditional braces.
- They are nearly invisible; no one will know that you are wearing them or using them.
- You only have to wear them for 22 hours per day. This leaves you with plenty of time to take them out for meals and important social outings.
- You can still floss and brush your teeth as you normally would.
- Metal braces make it difficult to keep your teeth clean and free of stains. Invisalign just about eliminates that concern.
- The process is much more comfortable than traditional braces. The aligners gradually position teeth, with each new set focusing on a specific area.
- They are super easy to clean.
- Replace every two weeks with a brand new set.
What to Expect During Your Invisalign Treatment
The trays are composed of thermoplastic materials. They are extremely flexible and durable, but are not meant to be placed in very hot water; this can cause them to become warped and bent out of shape. The plastic is designed to be comfortable enough for you to wear them for most hours out of the day. Most people will not be able to tell you’re wearing them.
The aligner trays work over a period of time, in as little as 18 months, depending on your situation. Every time you get a new tray, your teeth will move gradually towards the desired final position for a straight smile.
By making small adjustments over time, this ensures the minimum of pain.
- Treatment begins by taking impressions of your teeth.
- These molds are sent off to a dental lab and are used to design a custom set of aligners, made just for you.
- Multiple sets are created for you, which you will use per Dr. Mike’s direction.
- When they come back from the lab, Dr. Mike will ensure that they fit properly.
- You wear them throughout the day, for as long as possible. You also sleep with them in your mouth.
- Remove the trays for eating and cleaning and flossing your teeth.
- Come back in for a regular checkup every few weeks with Dr. Mike and get a new tray for the next adjustment.
- Most adjustments use between 18 and 30 sets of aligner trays.
At the end of the treatment, assuming you’ve been following the directions, you’ll have a nice straight smile.
No more crooked teeth. You’ll be proud to show off your smile!
Area You a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Not Happy With the Look of Your Teeth?
Are you embarrassed by teeth that are crooked, crowded or have gaps? Perhaps you have visible issues with your bite such as an overbite, underbite or crossbite.
Mild to Moderate Orthodontic Issues
Ideal candidates of Invisalign have problems that are mild to moderate in nature. More severe cases may be recommended to begin more traditional methods of teeth straightening.
Good Oral Health
In order to begin Invisalign treatment, your oral health should be in good condition. Issues such as gum disease or cavities must be addressed prior to proceeding with treatment.
You Are an Adult or Teenager
Invisalign is not recommended for children, as their teeth are still changing and erupting. Aligners can only be made for teeth that are fully developed.We also offer a slightly different option for teenagers which takes into account their new teeth which might still be growing out.
Looking for an Alternative to Traditional Metal Braces
You may not want to call attention to the fact that you are using an orthodontic device. Some people feel self-conscious about the look of traditional metal braces and it may cause them to hide their laugh or smile.
Follow the Dentist’s Advice
In order for Invisalign to be successful, they have to be worn for a certain amount of time each day. If you are not able to commit to your dentist’s instructions, traditional braces may be the better option for you.
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
Dr. Mike treats patients from all over the Cook County area who are looking to get straighter teeth with Invisalign. We take the time to know our patients, answer questions and make sure we find the perfect solution for your expectations, goals and budget.
When you call our office at (708) 425-5300 and set up an appointment, you will have just taken that first step to a straighter and more attractive smile.
We’ve been treating patients in and near the Oak Lawn area for years with amazing results. Come in and see why Inside the Smile is considered one of the top-rated dentists in the Greater Chicago area.